Dec 29, 2011

New Year, New You! (Again)

Hey Folks! Well the last week has still been chock full of snacks and treats since it was Christmas time, my friend from LA was visiting and then even when I was at work on Tuesday + Wednesday, there are still leftover goodies everywhere at the office!

So, today, (thurs) I decided to do a work from home and kick start things! I'm going to be out of the office until Tuesday, so I have a full 5 days to myself. During which, I'd like to hunker down and just be good! This means, running all those silly little errands I never get to, being frugal, eating less, and my favorite thing to do, coming up with a game plan for the year!

We all have lots of things we want to do, and the journey is the best part. So for the next 5 days, I'm going to do a sort of fast/cleanse on my own. This means, lots of fresh juices, herbal teas and as little salt and sugar as possible. Plus lots of water and vitamins.

I'm also going to take soothing baths to de-stress and do a daily meditation. I'll start with at least 5 mins and see how long I can go. It's been a while since I've done that and I'm ready to get back in synch with myself.

Why wait until Jan 1 right? Today is just as good as any other! And frankly, who needs all the pressure of a new diet in January when EVERYONE else I know will also be doing the same thing! Now I do believe in support, but the idea is to succeed and not get overly competitive here. Which is why I think having a few days of quiet time with myself will be excellent for me.

I was actually just about to close down my Weight Watchers membership online because honestly, I joined back in March 2011 and barely ever used it! The weeks that I DID stick to my points, I did lose weight. But frankly, it takes a lot of time and effort to log everything in and see the points values. For now I'm thinking I'd rather just follow the plans from Drew Manning (fit2fatfit.com) and see how I fare b/c that'll be a good 6 months of guidance. And in the end, I can always rejoin WW can't it? Like switch my account back on? I think that's what works for me. I love his style and it's just what seems to be resonating with me for the moment.

So! I'm sure you all have lots of resolutions at your fingertips, but my advice to you is, don't bother waiting until 2012 to get going! Just start today. You'll feel good. As always, I want to kick these extra pounds to the curb and I'm hoping to really and truly stick to this new lifestyle this time. Wish me luck!

Remember, we will succeed together, one day, meal and bite at a time!
xoxo,
missnutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment