Sep 12, 2011

Welcome!

Dear readers,

I was always afraid to do a blog on weight loss because it's so scary to be so public! Requiring me to completely expose my deepest flaw, hardest battle, the only thing I've never conquered, and be entirely vulnerable. Know what I mean? Of course you do! You probably hide this about yourself too.

But who are we kidding? For all of you out there who do have some serious lbs to lose, which includes me, who do we think we're fooling? This is one of those most public things about us! As clear and visible to the world as someone who just changed their hair color!

Every day that you get dressed and see the label on your clothes, the parts you want to hide, the feelings you think you laugh off so well. All of it is visible in some manner to the outside world. Or at least to the people who care about us.

But if you think about it, the person you probably want to hide from is yourself.

Don't believe me? Do you avoid any of the following: Mirrors? Tight fitting clothes? Pants with no stretch? Ok then I'm talking to you.

This is not just the battle of the bulge. It a war within yourself. Because you want your life back, to start over. Or to begin at all!

And guess what. You will. You deserve all the good that you could ever dream for yourself. It starts today.

Starting right now, you're not alone. You're not stuck. You're not looking back. One day at a time, one meal at a time, one bite at a time, I'll stand by you because I'm starting this journey too!

I don't know how long it'll take me, or how many times I have to start over. But it doesn't matter because I know I'm ready to tackle this weight, once and for all.

FYI, I'm doing Weight Watchers, first joined back in March but hadn't been sticking to the PointsPlus plan or tracking everything. As of yesterday, I'm determined to get back on track and go for it! I hope you'll all support me along the way!

Thanks for reading,

xoxo,
missnutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment