Sep 20, 2011

About Stress Eating

So my boss wants to meet with me for 20 mins tomorrow and I have no clue what this is about. Neither does her assistant. Why!? I honestly never know if I'm doing fine, or am in deep trouble so I feel like it could be anything.

Anyway, when I hit a stressful bump in the road of life, I tend to want to eat something fattening. Sugary, savory, whatever, but that famililar desire to hide behind food sparks.

What do you do to fight these little moments? I'm just counting on my own will power right now. I had a small cup of coffee with skim milk in it, which I tend to have at that time normally anyway, so no real slip up as of yet. It's 11.50am here in NYC, so I'm just about at lunch time anyway, phew!

So, today I'm writing to ask you all for help. How do you fight the urge to "comfort snack"? And also, how do I stop those random thoughts about whether I'm in trouble at work or not?! I'm trying to just breathe and have faith in myself and my work. Stay in the present moment and that type of stuff. I MUST stay in a zen-y place about work stuff!

Thank you for listening!
Remember, we will succeed together, one day, meal and bite at a time!
xoxo,
missnutmeg

1 comment:

  1. maybe instead of fighting comfort snacks, find a healthy comfort snack and make sure to watch proportions! a few pieces of cucumber in hummus? a cup of air popped popcorn with flavoring?

    keep up the good work! love this blog.

    ReplyDelete